Our experts in Rutherford have always stressed the importance of this issue. Weekly examination of the same has been known to bring down drastically the risks associated with loss of assets and lives. This is the reason the individuals who have garage doors installed at their homes must make sure to perform routine checks every alternate week on these doors, in order to ensure that;
1. There are no loose hinges
2. There are no loose screws
3. The gate is working properly
4. There is no malfunctioning etc.
1. Broken garage door cable repair2. Extension springs repair
3. The installation of these doors
4. Replacing the garage door springs
Must not be tackled and left for experts.
Common causes of improper functioning
One of the main causes that results in the malfunctioning of the garage doors is “friction”. When the gears of the doors rub against each other they tend to produce friction if not lubricated well. The doors which are used more frequently will require more lubrication on a weekly basis. This is a problem with a very easy solution, however, as different types of anti-friction lubricants are available at very reasonable rates in the markets.
Another most reported cause for improper working of the garage doors is the deposition of;
1. Grease and Dirt – this can be removed easily by making a dilute mixture of detergent and water and wiping off. However, there are commercial products available in the market that can be used for the same purpose which are very effective
2. Rust – this can be removed by making use of sandpaper. If the rust layer is too thick, the individuals can also make use of commercial rust removers.